Monday 29 October 2007

BBGSian wins Amazing Race Asia

An all-girl Malaysian team did the country proud by winning the first Amazing Race Asia. Did you know that one of them is a BBGSian? I spotted Tee Joe Jer (in orange dress) on a BBGS group in Facebook, and invited her to share her story. She graciously agreed, and here's what she had to say:

Hello Joanna!

I remember you as the school captain for sure! How are you? How are things? Hope you're doing great.

Thank you for your interest in featuring me in the BBGS blog. Very flattered.

Years at BBGS...

I was BBGS-ian all the way through from Standard 1 (1984) till Form 5 (1994). Well, almost all the way through.

Fondest BBGS memories...

Fondest memories were choral speaking competitions although my class never won. Also, checking toilets as a prefect. And the RM1 fried kway teow I used to eat for lunch almost every day. Oh yeah, and playing a clown with Dhalita Kaur for the BBGS 100 year celebration.

Life lessons...

The most important thing I go by is being happy in life. I try not to look back and regret things. But that doesn't mean I'm perfect. Far from it actually. I just want to lead a happy life. That's my ambition.

Current situation...

I am currently in New York, being happy.

Future plans...

No plans for the future as yet. There are too many possibilities to narrow it down to just a few.

Thank you again, Joanna, for your keen interest. I am very flattered.

Take care!


Joe Jer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I knew i recognise her frm somewhere...she was in d same batch as I was. just that i cldn't exactly say in which class she was in...sorry joe jer. anyway, i'm so proud of her achievement and she proved that women can be successful in reality shows too!